Sold my "clicking" 5N - now what? (Emphasis on VIDEO)

Started Jan 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
iGirl
Senior MemberPosts: 2,673
Like?
Sold my "clicking" 5N - now what? (Emphasis on VIDEO)
Jan 31, 2013

I liked the camera quite a bit, but made the mistake of buying from a Forum member here and not putting it through it's paces immediately (due to a relocation on my part).

When asked about the "clicking" sound in video, the seller claimed no knowledge - well, guess what - it was horrible on this one - and out of warranty!  "Clicking" sound starting around 00:37 - this happens while simply walking so it was really bad.  The 5N did get kind of hot while shooting video too -

2 months later, I just ended up reselling the camera at a loss to someone who was only was interested in photos, not video, and thrilled to get it.  Still, I just look at this as having had a cheap rental 5N  

So -  now I'm looking at another new/refub 5N through Sony - $340/Body Only or $425/Kit   -  (PLUS TAX - kills the "deal" really)

I'm also wondering if I shouldn't be looking at the 5R, 6, or 7?

Question is - has the overheating been fixed?

Have these improved in video quality at all?  I recall reading somewhere at some point they actually got worse than the 5N!

Other thoughts/alternatives?  Again, I'm focusing on the video quality as the top priority, since my main cameras at A850/A700...this one is for leisure/travel.  But of course the IQ and low light capabilities are other main reasons I bought into NEX in the first place...

Sony Alpha DSLR-A850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow