taintedcamera wrote:

RossAndrew wrote:

taintedcamera wrote:

RossAndrew wrote:

taintedcamera wrote:

KEVZPHOTOS wrote:

Cancer fight 'hampered in UK by stiff upper lip'

(quote)

The UK's "stiff upper lip" culture may explain why it lags behind other countries when it comes to beating cancer, say experts.

Researchers, who surveyed nearly 20,000 adults in six high-income countries, said they found embarrassment often stopped Britons visiting the doctor.

Respondents in the UK were as aware of cancer symptoms as those in Australia, Canada, Denmark, Norway and Sweden, but more reluctant to seek help, they said.

A third feared wasting a doctor's time.

(unquote)
I'm not surprised to read this....a lot of Brits seem to have a doctor phobia.
KEV
-- hide signature --

"No problem can be solved at the level of consciousness which created it" - Albert Einstein

"A third feared wasting a doctor's time."

This fear comes directly from the doctors; those who fear the governments bureaucratic strong arm tactics of socialized healthcare.

I'm starting to notice the same fear in many of the non-independent medical grouping of doctors here in the US.
A fear of losing their job if they don't cut out wasteful non-critical testing. With cancer, preliminary testing is what saves lives.

Socialized healthcare's main issue... That and 'waiting lists' will kill people, and will never be included in the 'stats'.

Until you have lived with what you call Socialized health care you realy can't comment with any authority. I have, and I know it works. Yes there is always room for improvement, but on the whole It is better than letting your country's sick that can't afford privet health care suffer.

Andy

-- hide signature --

Nothing grows from the top down--- dummy---

"you realy can't comment with any authority"

Oh yes I can!

In the US, no one suffers needlessly from lack of immediate or long term healthcare needs. If they can't afford it, care will still be provided. The idea of throwing our sick onto the streets is a fallacy, and is based on those who can over time pay their bills but refuse to do so, or simply refuse to pay a modest fee per week out of their income to cover themselves... Those who can afford to will pay up! Those who can't will be taken care of by the rest of us.

Buddy I've lived in Canada... My relatives are still there...

Don't tell me... I've witnessed friends who have had heart issues and died waiting......

Funny that , then why all the ho ha about Obama's health care, he's only giving you what most of us have had for the last 50 years. What's all the problems. I can talk with experience about hart attack in Australia I've had one, and whether you can pay, and don't want to, or you can't pay, your covered, I can tell you, you don't need wait and the cover goes on for years in some cases. You may have to wait if you want elective surgery and can't pay but then your life isn't in danger is it.

Sorry KEV, you must have expected this from the you know who's that don't know.

Andy

-- hide signature --

"Sorry KEV, you must have expected this from the you know who's that don't know. :-("

And what the hell do you know?

Waiting times...

Canada & UK: 60% of appointments are four weeks or longer.

US: 20% of appointments are four weeks or longer

That's because half you population can't afford the the treatment, Remember Obama new medicare bill. He is doing what we have had for years.

The problem with people like you is you can't stand to think that other country's have got some thing better, and every one can see that by your opening statement to the post.

You only think or was told you have it better..... Did I say 'think'... how foolish of me to say that.

No I know we have it better, because what you are getting now is still only a part of what we had for Years.

"those who fear the governments bureaucratic strong arm tactics of socialized healthcare."

And then we have the rest of that good old right wing crap.

Your a liberal moron just for saying that.

Again you have no Idea of what a good health system, and you right wing tw@ts will never get it.you can't stand the fact a community can have a health care system that may cost you a few dollars to benefit the whole community. Its called shearing the load. Again look at what you wrote.

"those who fear the governments bureaucratic strong arm tactics of socialized healthcare."

Joy are just a JOKE.

t comes from the tax system.

People with life threatening illnesses are not put on waiting lists and will not die waiting, that's out side of the USA.

Two friends of mine in Canada had cardiovascular events that was treated with vasil dilators to relieve chest pains... they died waiting

I can't talk about the Canadian system, and can only take your word that you are not full of bull sh!t to prove a point, but if you are in an Australian system  and on a waiting list then you are in no danger of dieing and if your condition changers then they act immediately.

Oooo is it possibly that you don't want to see a few of your dollars to go to help some less fortunate than you. Clueless f/wit

It comes from the tax system.

No I don't want to see my dollars go to individuals who have three cars, nice homes, and all of life's toys, while they refuse to purchase insurance because someone else will pay for their costs.

It doesn't work like that here and I don't think it works like that in Canada, but if your are honest and pay your fare share of tax then you are entitled to free health care regardless of how many cars you have got or how big your house is. If you want more than the public system can offer then you can take insurance, and a lot of people do.

Andy

People are dying waiting for healthcare in Canada and the UK.

As far as Kev saying that he gets four dental cleans per year, he full of it.. unless he has supplemental insurance.

-- hide signature --

Look in the mirror PAL.

Why should i look in the mirror. We have a fair and equitable health system that serves out country well and has done for many years. Even our most right wing pollies would not touch it and most agree that it is part of the bonds that hold us together as a caring nation. When you are pushing up daisies the next generation will benefit from what your president has done.

Andy

-- hide signature --

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow