rx1 vs rx100 vs nex-7

Started Jan 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
karlreed
Contributing MemberPosts: 635Gear list
Like?
For the OP, somethig really different..rx1 vs rx100 vs nex-7
In reply to RezaTravilla, Jan 31, 2013

Pocketability is a big issue, and, so too is focus speed for the OP. These combos should catch your kids.

One of the fastest (maybe THE fastest) camera I have played with is the Nikon V1. It equals or beats my D700 in normal light. IQ is very good to 1600iso, and, I think most people will learn to live with the strange ergonomics. But, its not really pocketable, BUT, Ted's camera in Australia have the two-lens V1 kit for A$599.

For something really different, try an Olympus PL-5 with the Panasonic 14-24mm power zoom lens. 'Not a cheap combo, but, just pocketable, and, the AF in normal light is very good, has a hinged screen, plus, IQ is good (above 3200 iso, it would beat my D700, but curiously enough, not below).

Its a mad combination, however, it will give you extremely good IQ, reasonable compactness, and an entry to the m4/3 world with modest cost cameras and great lenses.

However, if you less adventuresome, have a look at the Sony NEX 6, with the 16-50mm power zoom. This is a bit more expensive than the Olympus Pl-5/Pany 14-42 power zoom, but it has an EVF already.

-- hide signature --

karl reed

karlreed's gear list:karlreed's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow