* Wed C&C (No Theme) Thread, Ed. 249 January/30/2013 *

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
RoelHendrickx
Forum ProPosts: 22,056
Like?
I know that book
In reply to stephent, Jan 31, 2013

stephent wrote:

Hi mate, put a plane or chaser in this one and George would be happy. I like it for the space, it places man made structures in their place, small in the grand schemes of things.

I did really enjoy your gallery, I looked through a book recently that had the contact sheets of some famous photographers and their most famous photos. You could follow them working around the scene until the image revealed its self.

I know that book "Contact Sheets" (Magnum).

It offers great insight in the creative process that goes into making an iconic photo.

For some, it is a succession of different moments (especially in dynamic situations), until the DECISIVE moment just materializes.

For others, it is a succession of slight variations of a more static scene, trying out vantage points, angles and focal lengths.  Also interesting, because it shows that not very often, iconic shots come by accident.  That is encouraging for all of us struggling to improve on composition.

Some of yours had the same feel as the different processed images flow with your ideas, interesting.

Yes, that may be interesting sometimes and that is why I show more than ONE image of certain situations.  But also because in many occasions, I have trouble picking the final and best one.  I always hope that time will help.  But what time does, is make me forget about those series because I am always posting new ones.  I really need someone else to do the culling...

Regards.

Stephen.

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my E-3 user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow