Get off the RX1's back

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Stephen McDonald
Forum ProPosts: 11,944
Like?
Re: Get off the RX1's back
In reply to LTZ470, Jan 31, 2013

Stephen McDonald wrote:

By this account, anyone who thoroughly researches a new camera, reviews many photos from it and then rejects it, has no right to criticize its performance. In fact, those who didn't buy it may have shown more knowledge of it than those who did.

LTZ240 wrote:

Nope, folks should at minimum buy one from Amazon and use it for a couple of weeks then return it if not their cup of tea...I also buy many used like new cameras and lens from Amazon as well...BUT I don't talk down a camera until I have proof that it is less than my own subjective expectations...the Sony HX series is actually pi$$ poor Superzooms, but why trash talk them down even if I have researched them thoroughly and even owned one...the FZ Series trounces them easily...

I've bought a couple of cameras, tried them, rejected and returned them. But I felt bad about doing so. It isn't a good practice, to frequently take away the new status of a camera from a dealer, just to give it a try. I hope I don't have to do that again and I now do a lot more research on a model before buying it. You have to consider that most of us couldn't afford to spring for the price of an RX1, even for a short period of time.

The RX1 may have a solid and durable build, but that has little to do with its photographic capabilities or how well many people are able to learn its operation. We're at opposite poles about the relative performance of the Sony HX-Series and the Panasonic FZ-Series cameras. But that's what the process of discussion is all about here.

-- hide signature --

Steve McDonald
My Flickr Album
My Vimeo Video Album
My Places on Google Earth Click on My Places on Skydrive

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow