x100 now or x100S on Feb 18th?

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
John Bean (UK)
Forum ProPosts: 18,034
Like?
Re: Hang on for a bit
In reply to sibyy, Jan 31, 2013

sibyy wrote:

Wouldn't you spend £500 just for the amazing lens of the X100?

Indeed. When I bought the X100 originally it cost me about £700 for a grey market model with no Fuji warranty, but I always regarded it a bargain - and the lens alone was worth the cost in comparison with lenses like the Zeiss branded 24/1.8 for the NEX cameras that I used at that time. The X100 came free with its £700 lens

I'm keeping my X100 at least as a backup camera.

I sold my original X100 last October when the third party warranty expired and ended up with £470 after ebay and paypal fees, intending to buy another (but with warranty) when the time was right. When I realised a few weeks ago that I could get a replacement X100 from Fuji UK with full warranty for less than £490 I decided the time was right.

The "new" X100 was sold as a factory refurb but there's no indication of that, not even a sticker on the box. Looks and feels brand new. Bargain.

-- hide signature --

John Bean [GMT]
"Note: If pictures and physical have access, please in kind prevail, thank you for understand." - quotation from an ebay listing.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow