Started Jan 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John.Laninga
Senior MemberPosts: 1,908Gear list
Like?
GH3, WiFi and Starbucks
Jan 31, 2013

So far, I have been able to upload pictures from my GH3 directly to various sites (such as Flickr) from my home network.  Yesterday I tried to upload from public hotspot, in this this case, from my friendly Starbucks.  Didn't work.

The Starbucks open system, like most of them, require you to agree to their terms before you can get in.  This requires checking a box and pressing enter, also known as a "filtered system".  The GH3 cannot display the signon screen and therefore will time out, not allowing access.

Bummer, I thought it would be neat to take pictures, go get a cup of coffee, and have all my pictures uploaded at the same time.  Maybe someone smarter than me has figured out a way?

John.Laninga's gear list:John.Laninga's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm XF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +2 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow