B&H faulty goods,did anyone have to pay return freight?

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jeadm
Contributing MemberPosts: 622Gear list
Like?
Re: B&H faulty goods,did anyone have to pay return freight?
In reply to digidownunder, Jan 31, 2013

I've ordered from B&H for as many years as I've been in photography, and they've been excellent.

The one bad experience wasn't their fault. Apparently Ace Ventura got a hold of my new Canon 60D while delivering the package. It was pretty badly crushed all the way down to the item inside but they UPS delivered it anyway (I would have questioned it when it came but I wasn't the one who accepted the package).

I opened it and while there was no apparent damage to the item, I took one look at it and decided that it just wasn't acceptable to live with it as it was. I contacted B&H, they apologized unconditionally and asked me to take pictures of the boxes as I received them and returned it. They immediately shipped me a replacement overnight.  They paid for all the shipping, return and replacement.  That's really all you can ask for. I highly recommend them.

For those needing context on the Ace Ventura reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2sObM9p9mQ

Jeadm's gear list:Jeadm's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Sony SLT-A57 Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM Sony DT 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow