X10 and X20 - I think I have found the best wide angle converter WC-E68 ?

Started Jan 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Waldman Jordaan
Junior MemberPosts: 45Gear list
Like?
X10 and X20 - I think I have found the best wide angle converter WC-E68 ?
Jan 31, 2013

Hi all, I have posted in the x100 forum before, but have just traded my x100 for a x10 and some cash and I think I made a good trade for my current requirements as a real estate agent.

Anyway, I purchased several wide angle adapters to see what will work best on my x100, as I needed wider indoor shots. Even with the well recommended Nikon WC-E68, it really sucked on the x100.

Now, since I already had the Nikon WC-E68 Wide Converter, I tried it on the X10, as well as the others I bougth in desperation for the X100. Well, excellent news: this little Nikon converter really shines on the X10 and even wide open at f2 - unlike on the X100, you had to stop down to f5.6 for half decent results.

So, all you x10 owners, quickly grab any WC-E68's you can find cheap, as you can get the equivalent of 19mm on your X10 - you just need a 40-46mm stepup ring: there is an Ebay Seller selling some for $7.

When I get time I'll try and upload some pics. I only hand held it, as I only had a 40-49mm stepup ring handy, but I am certain it will be awesome, even with 1 stepup ring.

Obviously this will also work for the new x20.

Can anyone else with this combo verify my findings?

Questions welcome.

Regards, Waldman.

Waldman Jordaan's gear list:Waldman Jordaan's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm X100S Canon Selphy CP800 Apple iPhone 3GS +3 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X20 Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow