X10 and X20 - I think I have found the best wide angle converter WC-E68 ?

Started Jan 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
X10 and X20 - I think I have found the best wide angle converter WC-E68 ?
Jan 31, 2013

Hi all, I have posted in the x100 forum before, but have just traded my x100 for a x10 and some cash and I think I made a good trade for my current requirements as a real estate agent.

Anyway, I purchased several wide angle adapters to see what will work best on my x100, as I needed wider indoor shots. Even with the well recommended Nikon WC-E68, it really sucked on the x100.

Now, since I already had the Nikon WC-E68 Wide Converter, I tried it on the X10, as well as the others I bougth in desperation for the X100. Well, excellent news: this little Nikon converter really shines on the X10 and even wide open at f2 - unlike on the X100, you had to stop down to f5.6 for half decent results.

So, all you x10 owners, quickly grab any WC-E68's you can find cheap, as you can get the equivalent of 19mm on your X10 - you just need a 40-46mm stepup ring: there is an Ebay Seller selling some for $7.

When I get time I'll try and upload some pics. I only hand held it, as I only had a 40-49mm stepup ring handy, but I am certain it will be awesome, even with 1 stepup ring.

Obviously this will also work for the new x20.

Can anyone else with this combo verify my findings?

Questions welcome.

Regards, Waldman.

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X20 Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow