E-mount lens lineup update

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 22,153Gear list
Like?
Re: E-mount lens lineup update
In reply to TiagoReil, Jan 31, 2013

TiagoReil wrote:

While your info is good, and goes a long way into proving that there are lenses for the nex, and that they are releasing as much lenses as other brands, the big problem on your count is that many lenses are the same. You have 3 18mm-200mm, and although not exactly the same, you have 2 kit zooms on the 16/8-50/5 range. So in the end, as options on focal length for us users, it is less than what you put.

Though I believe the comparison is still fair, given how many of the competitors' lens lineups have significant overlap as well.  Of the lenses I counted for M4:3, there are 3 of the Panasonic lenses that are all 14-42mm, and one that is 14-45mm, with the same apertures.  And 2 more discontinued and one current Olympus lens is also 14-42mm.  Similarly, Oly and Panasonic both have 40-150mm lenses, plus a Panasonic 40-175mm.  So it's not uncommon in any of the lens lineups to see 2-3 lenses with the same or very close focal and aperture ranges.

Still, Im with you, finishing this year, there are no more excuses, there will be most focal lentghs for the nex. Only thing that will be missing is a long tele, better than the current zoom. a 150mm, or 200mm, something like that. I doubt we will ever see a 70.200mm 2.8, that will only be for DSLTs. And a longer macro. a 90mm macro for instance, but that could come from sigma or tamron.

Agreed - a long fast prime is highly unlikely just due to size and form factor, but a 90 to 130mm prime is still a possibility.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
:-)New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow