Why does the e-pl5 cost so much less than the em5?

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Guy Parsons
Forum ProPosts: 19,057Gear list
Like?
Guy to Barry
In reply to Barry Stewart, Jan 31, 2013

Barry Stewart wrote:

1/400th flash synch is pretty cool.

Yes, E-PL1 managed 1/320 and 1/400 on E-PL5, haven't checked the E-P3 as yet.

I'll have to try with my radio slave. All of my Olys can shoot at least 1 click over posted synch speed with a radio slave.

If the radio slave uses only the central trigger and ignores all of the three little comms contacts then you have a chance.

For other readers: we are talking non-TTL flash here. Something in the dedicated-flash linkage throws restrictions in the maximum speed... even in so-called "manual.

Yes, a Nikon flash ignores or doesn't align with the comms contacts so can use any shutter speed. Also, just use some tape on the comms contacts and an Oly flash will also do the same.

Flashes of course need to be in auto or a deliberate power setting and take some test shots to set up.

Sadly Panasonic always goes to 1/160 whenever something is detected at the trigger contact, so no way can Panasonic do this same flash trick.

Regards...... Guy

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow