EM-5 + 9-18 for Real Estate photos...Love it!

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,468Gear list
Like?
Re: EM-5 + 9-18 for Real Estate photos...Love it!
In reply to Brent J, Jan 31, 2013

Brent J wrote:

Aleo Veuliah wrote:

Donovan Driver wrote:

As a commercial realtor and property manager, I am just curious how this lens would work on exterior property shots such as strip center shots? I'm about to pull the trigger on OM-D soon and I think the brokerage would spring for the lens.

-- hide signature --

_DDriver

It will work very well also on exterior, I think even better.

I agree. I think the exterior is where the EM-5 really shines. You can make a shot and think that you have blown-out areas in the clouds in the sky and when you open the image in Adobe Camera Raw 7.3 (the latest version) and move the "Highlight" slider to the left and watch the detail appear it is amazing.

Also, with the flip-out screen, you can elevate the camera on a pole, or tripod held overhead and still be able to see the screen to correctly compose the shot. I use the 12 second timer when doing overhead shots. I wish Oly had more options for the timer. Sometimes 2 seconds is not enough and 12 seconds is a little too long.

-- hide signature --

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should

True, you have to try it.

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.
Aleo Photo Site

Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow