GOT CCD?

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Nightwings
Forum ProPosts: 10,338
Like?
GOT WHITE BALANCE TUNING?
In reply to mistermejia, Jan 31, 2013

mistermejia wrote:

Are there any photos you have from older CCD cameras that you like more than more modern bodies? Wanna share them?

I just got my new/used Fuji S5 pro, and i find the dynamic range very impressive, even for jpegs. I just got it so i am not too familiar with it yet, and i havent shot in RAW yet, but from the small amount of tweaks that i have made so far, it is very nice. I have put a photo of my little "angel", the one with the blue shirt is with the D7000, the first photo with the CCD sensor. Obviously the CMOS D7000 looks cleaner with less noise, but the skin tone from the CCD is defenitely special and there is something completely different about it. Both of these were taken in AUTO WB SOOC jpegs.

I definitely think that complementing older sensors with newer ones is a really nice combination to have.

Give me your D7000, and I'll have it matching your Fuji for skin tones in 5 minutes.

Look at the whites in your Fuji shot.. compared to the whites in the Nikon shot. Fuji does what Sony...does what Kodak ... does what Canon does for skin tones... and that is to shift the color of the mid tones towards the magenta side.

-- hide signature --

Nikon AF - One Shot ..... One Kill

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow