WIDE/FAST/CHEAP - What are my options for Nex video?

Started Jan 31, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
myDingling
Forum MemberPosts: 60
Like?
WIDE/FAST/CHEAP - What are my options for Nex video?
Jan 31, 2013

I'm trying to find out what my lens options are for a fast, cheap, and widest possible angle lens. I know I'm asking for a lot but here's my situation: I find myself taking video more and more with my Nex-6 and it's often very low light, music/bar type scenarios. I'm currently using a SEL50 and while it works great, it's not enough of a wide angle to get some of the shots and angles I'd like.

So here are my needs:

WIDE - basically anything wider than 50mm is key. Ideally in the 25-40mm range somewhere

FAST - Minimum F1.8, but ideally down to F1.4

CHEAP - Less than $100 is....more than that and I'd rather save up to buy the SEL35. That said, I'm flexible on this one.

IQ - doesn't really matter. Only issue would be real bad vignetting, would like to avoid that.

I know there's some C-Mount stuff out there that fits these requirements (the fujian 35mm F1.7) and I may end up going with that, but was hoping I could get some more insight from you guys. Thanks!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow