Started Jan 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sea_dragon
Contributing MemberPosts: 609Gear list
Like?
At Disney World with the GH3 - 19 pics
Jan 31, 2013

My wife and I are currently at Disney World for the week and I brought along my new GH3 kit with the 12-35, 35-100 and PL25. Who knows, it may be the first GH3 to visit Disney World since it is in short supply.  I've notice a few people looking at it curiously trying to figure out what camera it is.  I had a couple of folks even comment "nice camera" then proceed to ask me about it.

I carry around a ThinkTank Speed Demon 2.0 bag for the lenses and camera. This is my first real outing with the camera since I got it about a month ago.

I have to say, I'm thoroughly impressed with this camera and kit. We've done 5 days of walking around for about 10-12 hours a day and the camera and bag have been with me the entire time. It bag is extremely comfortable and I've been using it solely with the shoulder strap. I hardly notice it on me actually.

The camera itself is a joy to use. I have the optional grip installed on it with 2 batteries and it is just so comfortable to hold. The ergonomics are fantastic. The battery life is unreal. I've only charged one of the batteries once since I've been here. I can easily go a whole day on one battery.

Now, the main thing I love about this new camera is it's low light ability. My previous camera was the point and shoot FZ-150 and I just couldn't take pics in low light with it unless the subject was stationary. The GH3 is like a breath of fresh air. I can now take pics in very low light conditions. The PL25 lens is really amazing. The camera can basically see in the dark with that lens.

Well, here are some pics I've taken. I'm no pro photographer, but I enjoy taking photos. Still lots to learn for sure...

The fountain outside our resort (Port Orleans Riverside).

China pavilion at Epcot.

Gargoyle at the France pavilion.

The boardwalk area.

Ahhh... palm trees.

Inside the Mayan temple at Epcot. This was quite dark inside.

Some pics from inside attractions.

Downtown Disney at night.

My wife got henna on her foot. I like the detail.

Mmmmm..... beeeeer.

Inside Spaceship Earth at Epcot.

This was a mistake that turned out neat. Small LED lights while on a moving ride. I use it as my iPad background.

Dorothy was a bit camera shy.

Palm trees near sunset.

sea_dragon's gear list:sea_dragon's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +2 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow