I hate all of you, especially you RX1 people... !

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ATAR1
Regular MemberPosts: 234Gear list
Like?
Re: No sealed boxes here
In reply to Docno, Jan 31, 2013

Docno wrote:

ATAR1 wrote:

Haha. It was only a matter of time. I could tell based on how much time you spent writing / commenting on it. Enjoy!

By the way. Was your box sealed with Sony tape? I recall that was a "concern" of yours.

Nope, the box was unsealed. I asked about the issue on a local forum and everyone said that none of the RX1s being sold here in Singapore are sealed (not sure why it should be different from other markets... customs requirement maybe?).

Anyway, I bought the unit from Sony's flagship store here (where the repair depot is also located). The let me play with a display model, and when I committed, they brought out what they said was an unopened box and opened it in front of me. There was no indications it had ever been sealed and everything inside seemed fingerprint free. No indications also that the box had been previously unpacked or camera previously used. Best I can get, at least. They also gave me a 7 day window for a one-to-one exchange if there are any problems (something that another shop refused to do). So I guess this is the best I can get where I live.

OK - Same case for HK as well.  No seal on box.

ATAR1's gear list:ATAR1's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow