Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
verybiglebowski
Senior MemberPosts: 2,947Gear list
Like?
Re: Adapters for Tokina and Nikon
In reply to GodSpeaks, Jan 31, 2013

GodSpeaks wrote:

harisp wrote:

Could i control the aperture manually with them? I don't mind that i won't have AF or the advantages of the prime lenses .

Yes, you can use the aperture ring ON THE ADAPTER to open and close the aperture of the lens. However, the actual setting is totally hit and miss. If, for example, you wanted to set f8, there is no way to actually set f8.

The only two known aperture settings are wide open and fully stopped down. Everything in between is total guess work.

-- hide signature --

The greatest of mankind's criminals are those who delude themselves into thinking they have done 'the right thing.'
- Rayna Butler

Well, not necessarily... Here is how I tend to use it - I open wide the aperture first in A mode and watch for the shutter speed. If the widest aperture on the lens is f2.8, and I got the shutter speed of 1/200s i.e., and I want aperture at f8, all I have to do is to turn the adapter aperture ring, until I get 1/25s. It might not be 100% precise, but it should be close enough.

Hope it helps.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow