Why to pay a fortune for PW system?

Started Jan 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
shooter2
Senior MemberPosts: 1,196
Like?
Re: I paid a kings ransom for my Radio Popper PX, with my 580EX's
In reply to Port Royal Dad, Jan 31, 2013

My old blue PW were purchsed in 2001. They still work just fine. Only issues I have had were when I dropped a camera and broke the transmitter shoe. Since I had a spare, it got me through the day. Swapped shoe from a receiver that nite and ordered 2 replacemts from PW. One is still in lighting case

I have also been researching a TTL solution for events when it is not possible to meter every time. Every chinese one seems to have an achilles heel. Pocket wizards seem to be quirky at times. I watched a buddy tear his hair out at an event with them. Quantums would be nice, but the cost and learning curve are daunting. I know UK has been using them for years and they are second nature to him. But I think starting fresh with them (2-3 flashes and getting 2 turbos fixed) would be costly in time and money. The turbos have new cells and need to go to Quantum. But they quoted me 6 weeks. So I just re-celled my Sunpak tr2000 at batteries plus and they are lighter and last longer than my 2 working turbos.

So, with the new lower price of RP and no real learning curve, I think they are in my crystal ball. And I wont have to sell my beloved SB800s

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow