PORTRAIT
Contributing MemberPosts: 896Gear list
Like?
Re: Same here
In reply to rattymouse, Jan 31, 2013

rattymouse wrote:

PORTRAIT wrote:

Hi There,

Ralph, while I use to own a Fuji bridge cam, and like, it in many ways, but there was lot of things at the same time that I don't miss at all from point-and shoot type of cam..and AF SPEED is one of them!....For instance,I tried out the XS-1 in my local camera store, as I was thinking to get one at one point, and oh my goodness i was never able to lock FOCUS in florescent light environment no matter the settings, ( I gave to the vendor and I can assure you, he was going banana!

I had the EXACT same experience as you did. I tried out a good dozen X-S1's in the shops, both here in China as well as in London. Every last time I could not get the camera to simply lock focus in the shop if even a moderate amount of zoom was used. I could not believe how poor the auto focus was and was extremely disappointed. I think that goes a long way to explain why the images from this camera are so soft. It is hard to see the point in a camera with such poor autofocus.

Doesnt Fuji test their products in all light??

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinions and/or suggestions of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

Yep Ratty,

It's a shame cause I really like the cam..and at first when I was fiddle around with it, I thought it was my fault, but after the sales guy try everything possible to make it right...only then I realized that...it wasn't my fault...

-- hide signature --

Marco
SONY SLT A55
NIKON P 6000
CANON A80
Photography= Art & Tech.
http://marcoimages.blogspot.com/

PORTRAIT's gear list:PORTRAIT's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P6000 Canon PowerShot SX500 IS Sony SLT-A55 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Sony 75-300mm F4.5-5.6 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow