how many $$$ have legacy lenses saved for you? and aren't they fun?

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
mgibbs
Regular MemberPosts: 380Gear list
Like?
Re: They are not.....
In reply to ciresob, Jan 31, 2013

ciresob wrote:

I concur with Tedolph. I may have lucked out, but the 50mm f1.8 nikkor AIS I have had gathering dust for about 20 years turns out to be a significant step above my oly 45mm f1.8 in the sharpness stakes once stepped down 1 stop or so. And I like the rendering - its a sort of understated/subdued look that hints at quality, with very pleasing bokeh.I hesitate to say it but I think I may prefer it to my 45mm oly for portraits.

Similarly my Tamron 90mm SP Macro is pretty good, but it is too heavy for normal use, and not significantly better than my oly 40-150. However it makes a fantastic macro lens used on a tripod.Wide open it is unusably soft and suffers from bad halation though.

the 2nd pic in my original post was shot with the tamron 90mm macro - wide open.  i would not consider that to be unusable....

mgibbs's gear list:mgibbs's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow