D3200 vs D300 for studio shot?

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rockwallaby
Regular MemberPosts: 469
Like?
Re: D3200 vs D300 for studio shot?
In reply to Sam Carleton, Jan 31, 2013

I have the D300S & got a D3200 about 6 weeks ago and have been experimenting with it since.

Last week I was booked for an indoors awards/trophy presentation evening.  From the results I had got from testing the D3200, I was not confident that it would deliver consistent exposures unless shooting in manual mode.

So I decided to take the D300S with a D300 as backup, 24-70mm f2.8, 16-35 f4, an SB800 flash and shot in aperture priority mode with TTL.  A good result and happy client.

I like the results the D3200 delivers for such a low cost price.  I paid AU$430 for body only. Great little camera, basic in operation but when you have been used to using a D300, the smaller viewfinder and less focus points make it a bit trickier to use.  While the extra megapixels make for larger print size potential, the D300 still delivers great images.  In fact using the D3200 has reinforced just how good a camera the d300S is.

I would recommend you to use your trusty D300 like you have in the past and be confident in delivering great images to your client.

Cheers,

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow