The Bokeh Bouquet..

Started Jan 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
amosf
Contributing MemberPosts: 680Gear list
Like?
Re: Can't judge the bokeh with all that blur in the way?
In reply to Sovern, Jan 31, 2013

Sovern wrote:

amosf wrote:

Sovern wrote:

I'm not seeing much if any bokeh in these images but more background blur.

This also goes to show that theres much more to an image than background blur/bokeh. Choice of backdrop is much more important.

lol. Time to read the definition again?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bokeh

Here you go taken from your wiki source.

"the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light"

"Bokeh is often most visible around small background highlights, such as specular reflections and light sources, which is why it is often associated with such areas."

Background blur and bokeh are two separate things its a common misunderstanding to think that background blur is = to bokeh.

Are you serious? Of course they are different things. Bokeh is a subjective measure of the quality of that blur. You can call it bad bokeh if you like, but it's a bit hard to say it doesn't exist. How can an opinion of quality not exist? I suppose you can just have no opinion of the quality?

I suppose this is the reason I rarely use the term.

(edit) Also, there are highlights in those photos anyway, so I have no idea what you are talking about.

amosf's gear list:amosf's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow