XZ-10 a game changer?

Started Jan 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
rezaf_2000
Regular MemberPosts: 335
Like?
Re: The 'Simple' Question Is Why Did Oly Choose That Sensor Instead Of A Canon S110 Sized
In reply to Daniel Lauring, Jan 31, 2013

Daniel Lauring wrote:

rezaf_2000 wrote:

See my other reply. Because it fits in your pocket, and has a bright tele lens. ´╗┐No other camera before the XZ-1 had this combination.

Do you mean besides the Panasonic LX7, and the Pentax MX-1, and the.....

It's probably personal, but I'm talking about pants (jeans) pockets. I tried to fit LX5 and XZ-1 (almost the same size) in my pocket, but it just isn't comfortable. They bulge out and getting them out of the pocket is a chore.

Once a camera doesn't fit comfortably in my pocket, I move it to a different category: purpose-cameras. As in: today I'm going hiking / photoshoot / street shoot / travelling, etc. If that's the case I just take a better camera like a m43. As a result I have no interest in XZ-1, XZ-2, LX5, LX7, P7000, G15, you name it.

For me, S90 is at the extreme end of what I'd like to occupy my jeans pocket. XZ-10 is 1 millimeters taller and wider, and 3 millimeters deeper. Hopefully this is still the same feel as S90. Ditto with the weight, it is only 20 grams heavier. With a much better lens and olympus colors, it's a no brainer for me.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow