Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
vwxyz
Forum MemberPosts: 74
Like?
What lens would you choose?
Jan 30, 2013

I know these 2 lenses are completely different, and people have completely different styles of shooting, but i am traveling australia and want 2 more lenses (and also the fisheye convertor).

However, i don't want to spend all that money and have 3 lenses to carry around. So i currently have the NEX F3 with the SEL1855. I originally wanted the SEL55210  which i can get for 299AUD, but after browsing this forum and the alpha lab website for lenses, i came across the 16f28 and also the fisheye convertor which attaches to it.

I stumbled across the the 16f28 by looking for a fisheye lens for the 1855, but noticed that it only works with the 16mm. I would love to be able to take some wide angle pictures and also use the fisheye to get creative but i also want the SEL55210.

I am a novice and the NEX is my first proper camera and i am still learning about photography so any help and advice would be appreciated. Like i said before, i know everyone will have a different opinion but i was just curious to what professionals would do? For me the 18mm would be wide enough for landscape shots, and i think that i would probably use a zoom more than a 16mm but i would love to be able to use the fisheye. For me, my photography in australia will be for my personal benifit and want to have fun taking pictures and editing them after.

The bottom line is i am only here once so i am not ruling out buying both, but i really can not afford just yet.

Thankyou

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow