how many $$$ have legacy lenses saved for you? and aren't they fun?

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
SeeRoy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,475Gear list
Like?
Re: $0 saved
In reply to Domagoj Batinic, Jan 30, 2013

Domagoj Batinic wrote:

SeeRoy wrote:

When I bought my OMD I imagined I'd have a use for my fairly extensive collection of Nikkors on it. And if I was in the habit of shooting still-life off a tripod this might well be the case. But I'm not. On reflection, probably not even then. There are a large number of excellent native af MFT lenses available, of which I have a few.

Roy

manual lenses can be used for much more than shooting still-life with tripod, especially with E-M5's IBIS. if people before invention of AF could manage to shoot action with manual lenses, why not now? you just have to put in some time and effort to get yourself efficient enough with manual lenses

-- hide signature --

my gear:
E-M5+45mm/1.8
E-520+12-60+14-42+70-300+Sigma 105 + FL-50R+EC20 + SRF-11
and good number of legacy lenses (list in profile)

In my experience I noticed that most people switched to AF when it became available and reliable - or at least as soon as they could afford to.

I still sometimes use manual lenses, of which I have numerous, on FF Nikon DSLRs. However I can't see why anyone would want to do so on an MFT body given the range of excellent native lenses currently available - unless it's a matter of economy (in which case may your every shot be razor sharp). In fact I'd describe it as lens fetishism: there's a lot of it about. Of course some people make a very good living out of promoting manual lens fetishism.

Roy

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow