Carry On Weight Restrictions

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Roland Wooster
Senior MemberPosts: 1,963
Like?
Re: Carry On Weight Restrictions
In reply to Gary Anderson, Jan 30, 2013

I travel a lot. Each airline has different policies, some are very generous (united comes to mind), some are quite stingy (Virgin, Ryan Air come to mind). Most will state their carry on policy on-line. Some are as low as 5lbs, others as high as 40lbs or only restricted to size and don't mention a weight.

However, then the next hurdle is getting through the security line, where they may also turn you back due to the number of bags (London) or the weight (China) - this is driven largely by the security policies, and is independent of the airline. I think London has relaxed its policies somewhat in the last 2-3 years, however, my bag got weighed in the security line while travel in Asia last year, but only once, out of 16 flights. I managed to pursuade them that the rest of my party had already gone through security (true) and that I couldn't go back to check it or I would lose them. This was with a daypack backpack and a roll-a-board case. I think they wouldn't have asked me if I only had the one bag.

I purposely select airlines that have luggage policies that suit me, the discount carriers can be quite a pain.

Roland.
--
Gallery at http://www.rolandwooster.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow