Advertisers, why don't they treat us like grown-ups?

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Trevor Carpenter
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,390
Like?
Re: Advertisers, why don't they treat us like grown-ups?
In reply to ryan2007, Jan 30, 2013

ryan2007 wrote:

Trevor Carpenter wrote:

Lovely bit of advertising telling us nothing in this Olympus newsletter that's just come to my in box

This is the description of the new 75-300

• More zoom power, smaller size
  • Autofocuses faster - never miss a shot
  • Stabilized in the PEN body for even sharper pictures

At first I thought it was a comparison with the Mk1 but from what I have read on this forum that isn’t right

So it would be nice if Olympus, sorry the advertising agency, added “than what” to every line

• More zoom power (than what), smaller size (than what)
  • Autofocuses faster (than what) - never miss a shot
  • Stabilized in the PEN body for even sharper pictures (than what)

Why can’t advertisers give us facts

Of course they could have included much less of a rip-off. I suspect that could have even been a good selling slogan

-- hide signature --

Their is always some small thing to complain about Olympus and this is from Olympus users. Never hear complaints from Panasonic users. So now Olympus users complain about advertising, hard menu set-up, cracked OMD led screw whatever, too small need vertical grip.

Using Panasonic is so much easier and straight forward. No confusion. This is perfectly clear.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/09/17/Panasonic-announces-Lumix-G-X-35-100mm-F2-8-tast-telezoom

Not sure about that, my dig was at advertising generally not specifically Olympus.

I'm sure Panny have some gems out there somewhere

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow