OM-D - to sell or not to sell?

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
tedolf
Forum ProPosts: 16,337Gear list
Like?
He didn't move from a "Canon System".....
In reply to OM Dude, Jan 30, 2013

OM Dude wrote:

I too moved from the Canon system to the Olympus E-M5. I think some of your trouble may stem from the differences between the Canon menu/options system and the Olympus labyrinth. Somehow, I found the Canon system much more intuitive and easy to pick up. It took me a couple of books and several resources to get the E-M5 camera down to something I could work with. Even now, every once in awhile, I screw up the settings and have to reset everything and re-program everything back the way I like it. And trying to get my wife to use the camera? Forget about it.

But even given that, I know I'll not go back. The quality of the Olympus primes , the compactness of the system, and the low light capability of the E-M5 is worth all the occasional hassle. I couldn't shoot my daughter's indoor sports (poor gym lighting) and now I can with the faster glass. I wish the continuous AF worked a little better but I know future upgrades will handle all that. So, I'm looking forward to the upgrade path of the E-M5.

he moved from a point-n-shoot.

And that is the problem, for a lot of reasons.

See my post above.

Tedolph

tedolf's gear list:tedolf's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
RxNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow