Recommend a monopod for 200/2 VRII

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
cosmicnode
Contributing MemberPosts: 644Gear list
Like?
Re: Recommend a monopod for 200/2 VRII
In reply to tundracamper, Jan 30, 2013

tundracamper wrote:

I can definitely recommend the RRS or Kirk replacement foot. However, the Kirk monopod head seems way overpriced for what it does. I just mount my lens foot directly to the top of the monopod and have had no issues with shooting baseball.

I have started playing with a pistol grip, which I am looking forward to using this spring in a semi-handheld fashion...

http://shepophoto.blogspot.com/2013/01/longheavy-lens-pistol-grip-with-shutter.html

I have one of those pistol grips , bought in 1977, a very interesting article. You still carry the weight around all the time when shootingwith the pistol grip, a ball head on a monopod gives you the same freedom of movement as the pistol grip without you having to support the weight. Now where did I put that spare MC-3A cable for my pistol grip?

-- hide signature --

Mike.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."

cosmicnode's gear list:cosmicnode's gear list
Nikon D2X Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow