Ireland Trip with my EM5

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Opseuman
Regular MemberPosts: 180Gear list
Like?
Re: Ireland Trip with my EM5
In reply to Neurad1, Jan 30, 2013

Hello Neurad1,

I will be going to Ireland the first week of June as well !

I am looking forward to doing lots of scenery, castles, museums, pub shots and perhaps some street scenes. Weather sealed lenses and fast primes will be good to have for the weather in Ireland and the indoor photography.

I know how it feels trying to decide which gear to take. I have the EM5 with the Pano 20, Pano 35-100 and Pano 100-300. I change my mind on a daily basis as to what to take but I will definitely include the Pano 20 in the final package.

I think I'll also take the Oly 9-18,  Oly 45 and maybe the Oly 75. The overall weight is still much less than if I were taking my usual  4/3 gear.

I do have the E5 as well ( not sure if I'll take it for backup or not ) and I am considering taking the Oly 12-60 since it is such a great walk around lens and also weather sealed.

I have been doing the practice thing mentioned by others in this thread and it does seem to help me trying to decide as well as get me used to carrying all the gear in a single small backpack.

I took most of this gear with me for 12 days to Newfoundland and it worked out very well. The weight of all this gear is a little daunting but I would probably kick myself if I didn't have the right lens with me for all of the photo opportunities there will be.

No matter what you finally decide I am sure you will have a great time !

Opseuman's gear list:Opseuman's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow