C&C please, trying my hand at taking shots of something that isn't my children...

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
erikvw
Junior MemberPosts: 26Gear list
Like?
Re: C&C please, trying my hand at taking shots of something that isn't my children...
In reply to dpdphoto, Jan 30, 2013

Thank you all for the feedback, this is my first "real" effort to get out and shoot things outside of my kids and people in general.

I attempted to add a vignette to take the emphasis off of the branches in the flag shot but I may go back and remove them completely. I think it loses something though when cropped tighter...

The shot of the sign was really only taken because I have been reading up on "hyperfocal distance" and had never accounted for it. I was playing and found something that stood out for me, I tried to straighten it last night based on inputs here and never found anything that made the frame look "right." This is taken at the foothills of a mountain range and there are so many odd slopes that "level" is pretty much a myth.

The shot of the crosses, which was my favorite of the bunch I'm looking for an input. Does the reversed text on the back fence distract? Should I shoot it wider or longer focal length to blur more?

erikvw's gear list:erikvw's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow