Sigma launches new ART versions of their 30mm and 19mm f2.8 and new 60mm f2.8 lenses

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
RGBaker
Contributing MemberPosts: 552Gear list
Like?
Re: Sigma launches new ART versions of their 30mm and 19mm f2.8 and new 60mm f2.8 lenses
In reply to losangeles, Jan 30, 2013

losangeles wrote:

sean lancaster wrote:

Well, I bought the original Sigma 30/2.8 and tested it pretty hard. I didn't like it at all. In particular, I couldn't stand focusing with it. They have likely fixed the focusing and DMF issues. But it's still a fairly slow lens and I just don't have room for f/2.8 lenses in my workflow. I really wish the 30/1.4 lens had been AF for Emount. Sigh.

Did you notice that the new lenses don't have a rubberized focusing ring to hold on? Maybe they are AF only? It sure doesn't look like manual focusing became any easier with Sigma's...

Sigma specifically mentions the focus capability of the new lenses: "They also boast metal exteriors and a simply shaped focus ring, with varying textures to distinguish each part of the lens. " -- so I wouldn't read that to mean AF only. As for texture, there are plenty of subtle textures that would work just fine, and note that these are not zoom lenses so the only rotating ring will be the focus ring -- as it looks to also be most of the lens, I doubt I'd have a hard time finding it.
Cheers,
GB

RGBaker's gear list:RGBaker's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow