A few newbie questions

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Questions thread
mikhs1
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
Re: A few newbie questions
In reply to Steve 316, Jan 30, 2013

Steve 316 wrote:

Although I use and love the 16-85, the question is whether you want a little more at the wide end or considerably more at the long end with the 18-105. IQ with these lenses is about the same, although build quality goes to the 16-85. I take a lot of wide angle outdoor shots and have never regretted the 16mm, but for you, it depends on how you will be using the lens. Plus, the 16-85 is among those Nikon lenses that have always seemed a bit overpriced to me.

A professional photographer who shops at the same camera store in Hollywood that I do said he sometimes uses the 18-105 for social events, receptions, etc. It's not a pro lens but he finds the range very useful and likes the handling and the results.

Thank you.

I wasn't really considering 16-85 (I am more interested in upgrading to faster lenses)... I was just wandering why such big price difference while most things seem equal, but the build quality may explain it as well as the demand for wider zoom.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow