My Feisol CT-3442 Tournamet + CB-40D review

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Kuppenbender
Senior MemberPosts: 1,819Gear list
Like?
Re: My Feisol CT-3442 Tournamet + CB-40D review
In reply to Astragony, Jan 30, 2013

Astragony wrote:

The main spider and the plate where you screw on you ball head are made from black aluminium, the plate is held onto the spider with 3 small screws that you can tighten with a provided allen key.
These 3 screws came pretty loose out of the box and I was stuck with a lose head on my third outing, be sure to keep the allen keys with you.

I quite like the fact that Feisol use screws to lock the grooved apex plate. You notice it's loose before it's in any danger of falling off. Gitzo's Systematics still appear to rely entirely on friction, and have been known to slip off when a camera is attached and the tripod is carried over the  shoulder. Benro use a similar fixture. The Feisol Tournament series are similar to the Suregrip Apex Lock RRS use on their (very) expensive tripods.

Kuppenbender's gear list:Kuppenbender's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow