Regular MemberPosts: 358Gear list
Like?
Re: A 35 and a 55...
In reply to Meuh, Jan 30, 2013

Meuh wrote:

Pentax 35mm f2.8 macro LTD?
Pentax 35mm f2 or the newer f2.4
samyang 35mm f1.4
Sigma art 35mm f1.4 (getting great reviews)
All would give you equivalent to 50mm FF.
Or how about some of the 24-60 or similar type zooms?
I haven't used the 60-250f4 but the 50-135 is a stellar lens and I don't see why the lack of a tripod collar would stop you using it with a ring flash when you can get L bracket's for the camera body.
The sigma 50mm 1.4 is apparently more like a 43mm or so.. that could be good?
I had a FF camera for a while and the only difference I noticed really was more DoF.. the perspective of the image is controlled by distance and using an equivalent lens gives you the same image.
As for image quality, I found my k5 to be better than the 12mp FF nikon sensor, and while it loses out in resolution to the 5dmark2 it has much better dynamic range.

100% agree about dynamic range of the K5 versus canon.  But I think i am talking in circles about equivalent field of view.

Yes, a 35mm on APS will "act" like a 50mm on FF, but it is not the same optical character as a 50mm magnification.  Its not just a depth of field change either.  For portrait work the way a lens on a specific sensor renders the features does change and look different, and a 35mm lens on an APS does not give the same look as a 50mm on a FF from the perspsective.  it just doesn't do it.  While a 43mm comes close to magnification of a 50mm, the field of view is not as desirable because you lose so much on an APS... Well I think I know my answer, just wish Pentax would give us a FF to use all their awesome lens and sensor technologies on...

Mike Arledge's gear list:Mike Arledge's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm XF1 Ricoh GR Pentax K-5 II Canon EOS 70D +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow