A true D700 successor: D600 sensor in D800 body ... and fur gods sake, leave the damn video out!!!

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
kb2zuz
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,196Gear list
Like?
This is what I'm talking about
In reply to yray, Jan 30, 2013

I don't think the D700 needs an upgrade nearly as bad as the D300s. I'd expect to see this first.The D300s's sensor is no where near as good with dynamic range and to high ISO as a lot of sensors that have come out more recently a D300s with one of the nicer 16 or 24MP DX sensors would be very popular.

But when it comes to improving the D700, putting in the D4's sensor would be somewhat of an improvement a handful of people would like minor spec bump a D750 could offer over a D700 and some people would spend the $3000 (or $3,500 if Nikon doesn't think it will sell as well as the D800 and needs to make more profit per camera) to get it, but I think in 2-3 years Nikon will be in a position to offer a drastic improvement over the D700 that will make a lot more people interested and if more people are interested, the camera will be a more reasonable price.

-- hide signature --

\~K

kb2zuz's gear list:kb2zuz's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Nikon D800 Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow