Recommend a monopod for 200/2 VRII

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Keith Aitken
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,564
Like?
Re: Recommend a monopod for 200/2 VRII
In reply to tundracamper, Jan 30, 2013

Congrats on getting close the 200 f/2 price makes you gul,p but the lens performance is absolutely stellar - what will you use it for ?

I have used this Gitzo 5561 T monopod for some years with long lenses. I like it for several reasons :

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=gitzo+5561&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search=

It folds down to a compact 16 inches because of the 6-section design - great for travelling/packing and in the field when you are walking around.

There is a neat firm foam handgrip which adds to the comfort of use.

It has a reversible stud for either camera mounting, or foot stud-size mounting.

Agree w/ Tundra - the Kirk foot is worth the extra cost. It offers a way to grip the lens when one is carrying it, and is slightly longer than the supplied Nikon foot.

I use the 200 f/2 attached directly to the monopod and find this works well for horizontal panning of sports like running, soccer, and lacrosse, but it also works well for basketball - using a head comes down to personal choice.

Good luck in your research

Keith

-- hide signature --

. . .

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow