A true D700 successor: D600 sensor in D800 body ... and fur gods sake, leave the damn video out!!!

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Adrian Van
Regular MemberPosts: 384Gear list
Like?
Re: A true D700 successor
In reply to CeleryBeats, Jan 30, 2013

CeleryBeats wrote:

What's the issue with the D800 sensor though? There is none really. Detail, high iso, dynamic range. It's all there top of the bill. It's the best period. The D800 IS a true successor. Who would complain about images being too detailed?? I'm sorry but this doesn't make sense to me. If you can afford a DSLR on a level like this, there should be no problem investing in a pc/laptop system with 8gb's of ram and a TB of storage to handle those RAWS.

And absolutely no! Don't leave video out!! Why? It's not getting in the way of picture quality. FF dslr's provide awesome video quality. It's not for nothing D800's are being used in the production of "Dexter"...

-- hide signature --

To do weddings I would need many / multiple terabyte drives for 36MP Raws, at 20 weddings a year and about 1000 photos per wedding, and larger files would take possibly 30 percent longer to adjust and process as a loose estimate (possibly?). I am keeping my D700 for now, but waiting for a D750 for 16-24MP sensor.

Adrian Van's gear list:Adrian Van's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D700 Nikon D300S Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow