First "pro" photoshoot tonight - I'm nervous. Any advice?

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
arie
Regular MemberPosts: 396
Like?
First "pro" photoshoot tonight - I'm nervous. Any advice?
Jan 30, 2013

I'm doing a volunteer photoshoot for an event tonight. It's going to be me shooting people giving 5 minutes talks about various subjects, and doing crowd shots and networking in between. It'll be my first "pro" photoshoot I guess, although I've done a lot of photography already. I'm nervous for some reason.

I have 2 cameras (Alpha A77/80-200mm HS for speaker shots & A700/50mm for portrait & crowd shots), a speedlight, wireless triggers and a light stand, business cards and extra batteries.

As far as networking, I'm not sure what else to say other than introducing myself and asking if they need photo work. Any advice on getting potential clients and the photoshoot in general?

Thanks!

-- hide signature --

1500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was the center of the universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat. And 15 minutes ago, you knew that people were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow. -MIB

Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow