Tamron 14-150 for m43!!

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Louis_Dobson
Forum ProPosts: 26,389
Like?
Re: Tamron / Sigma I need a new paperweight!
In reply to amtberg, Jan 30, 2013

I think it is an MFT lens.  I assume it will be cheaper than the comp, and as such is easy to sell: there's your punter, he wants a "better" camera than his compact, he thinks he wants a 10X zoom because that's what he's used to, this costs less than the Panny, kerching!
He won't know enough for f3.5~f5.8 or 10x to ring the alarm bells.
Cynical really.
Yes, people have legit used for lenses like this.  But most of the buyers will get it because they know no better, and forums will be full of "Why is this no better / not as good as my bridge camera?

amtberg wrote:

Camp Freddy wrote:

Once again a company shoe horns a lens from another offering into mFT at a speed and focal range which is covered admirably by both budget (very good OLY for the money) and the quality end now.

Tamron way back when, did some very interesting zoom lenses which were either more compact or a good trade off speed / price.

This is a stupid me-too and as a foot in the mFT market water, it will maybe freeze their toes off.

Is this a remount special? It looks to me like a purpose-built MFT lens, as I don't see a Tamron 14-150 for any other mount. But I agree that it was a bit odd to enter the field with a lens aimed at a twice-filled niche.

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/photos/acam http://thegentlemansnapper.blogspot.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow