Do We REALLY Need The Latest And Greatest???

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
virtualkyr
Regular MemberPosts: 345Gear list
Like?
Re: Do We REALLY Need The Latest And Greatest???
In reply to Vandyu, Jan 30, 2013

Vandyu wrote:

Got to agree that people spend an awful lot of cash trying to keep up with technology. Especially the iphone crowd. Personally, I still enjoy my Nikon FA film camera, my D80, and my Panasonic FZ150. I'm holding out and not upgrading every year. Not seeing the point in all of that.

-- hide signature --

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." (A.A. Milne)

I agree with this. GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) can lead to a major drain on finances, especially when your hobby or interests are related to tech (even musical instruments etc).

I think one of the logical upgrade milestones is when the gear you own starts to limit you in your growth and abilities. For me, my D90, while an amazing camera which I've had for 3 or 4 years now, is starting to limit what I can shoot due to its capabilities. If I want to shoot sports (daughter is a cheerleader), or low light/higher iso situations, it's decent but not great.

I'm hoping that the newer high end DX camera will be a suitable replacement, at a resonable price point (which to me is about $1,600 or less.).

-- hide signature --

Nikon D90, Nikon 17-55 F2.8, Nikon 18-105, Nikon 35mm F1.8 - Sony NX5U - Adobe CS5 Production Premium

virtualkyr's gear list:virtualkyr's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow