Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
OntarioJohn
Senior MemberPosts: 1,959Gear list
Like?
Yesterday's shots
Jan 30, 2013

A dreary, foggy day, rain +2C.  A lot of overnight rain knocked back the snow.

But I had to go out, the dog wanted me to.  LOL

50+ years ago, I loved playing all around here.  This bridge, now pedestrian only, is at the bottom of a very steep hill.  My brother bought a speedometer for his bike and we'd try and get to 50mph coming down.  I did ditch once and was full of scrapes and bruises.  We built log forts, shot each other with slingshots and bb guns.  A lot of water under the bridge since then.

In the space of 2 years the Emerald Ash Borer decimated every ash tree in our forests.  Some places it was 80 percent of the trees dead, EVERY ASH, just left the others.  Here you see some big ash logs.  They tried cutting a huge swath of them just between Lake Huron and Erie, but to no avail.  Again, bad light, fog, and rain.

Above, messing with Lightroom presets.

Just when you think there is nothing much of interest...a wine glass in a forest.  Nice.

-- hide signature --

John D. Conley nemo me impune lacessit
I live the attic of the USA. shhh BOO

OntarioJohn's gear list:OntarioJohn's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow