OM-D - to sell or not to sell?

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
michaelbradynet
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Re: OM-D - to sell or not to sell?
In reply to BorisGil, Jan 30, 2013

The system might not be for you, but if you want to give it a little more chance there are some lens options that might satisfy you.

The first two suggestions sacrifice a little image quality for size and affordability. The Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 14-42mm can be purchased for less than $250 directly from Amazon's warehouse deals. It's a bit of an oddball with rocker switches to zoom and focus, also the quality isn't up to that of the 20mm pancake but it's small enough to pocket. The 14mm pancake is another great affordable option, it has some issues but it really is impressively small for a decent wide angle lens.

The more expensive route is the Olympus 12mm which is beautiful lens that is also quite small. This one might win you over. The build is amazing and the focus ring is innovative and fun. I've only had a chance to play with it, but its on my short list to own.  Pair that up with the amazingly affordable Olympus 45mm or the longer more expensive 75mm for a great trinity with your existing 20mm pancake. Personally I prefer the Panasonic 25mm but its much larger and I my preference leans toward a normal focal length lens.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
RxNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow