A true D700 successor: D600 sensor in D800 body ... and fur gods sake, leave the damn video out!!!

Started Jan 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Adrian Van
Regular MemberPosts: 445Gear list
Like?
Re: A true D700 successor
In reply to b33g33, Jan 30, 2013

An unusual way of thinking is that maybe Nikon knows that a D4 with 16MP and faster fps and better Low iso noise ability (at 6400 iso or more), in a rugged pro body is more desirable than a D800 to many photographers who wish they could afford a D4, over a higher 36 MP camera, which is one of many reasons why D4 costs more (I know there are other reasons too, within the body construction for superior ISO and AF speed). Usually the higher priced item is often the more desirable, partly from functional advantages of that camera. Not sure if Nikon will give us a D750 with 16-24MP sensor but one can only hope, and at a price between 2500 up to 3000 for this pro body, is okay with me.

I know the comparison of manufacturing costs of potential D750 and D4 is not so simple to compare and there are lots of reasons why D4 costs more (such as fewer units made in production, cost more each unit I am told).

Despite the reasoning that a D750 could eat into D4 sales, would not the many extra units of sales of D750 more than make up for this loss of D4 sales. We do not need the D4 pro body, a pro body like D700/800 is great, in D750 with high fps and reasonable 16-24 MP for Raw users and great iso noise levels.

Adrian Van's gear list:Adrian Van's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D700 Nikon D300S Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Fujifilm X-M1 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow