D4 or D800 + $3000 in accessories

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
chicagois2 Contributing Member • Posts: 545
D4 or D800 + $3000 in accessories

Just trying to bounce some ideas in a WWYD situation. I've rented the D4 a few times and it has been greatness. I'm ready to cash in on my next body.

I am currently shooting D700 and I need more camera. Video is a must.

I need more FPS for when shooting action. Even though it's not my primary work, I still get a bit, but moreso just for fun.

I need better high ISO performance, even when I'm using 1.4 primes.

When shooting stills I love the grip and full size of the body (i have grip on D700). It's a bit bulky for shooting video and was too large/heavy to mount on the merlin steadycam... at least the model I was provided.

I tend to do high paced, rapid fire type shooting. I benefit from the frame rate. Even though I am a chronic overshooter I like to overshoot and get the shot as opposed to missing it.

(The more I type the more I think D4 is the right choice, but second opinion can't hurt)

I'm wanting to do more BTS Stills on movie sets, I was hoping that the silent mode or liveview captures would work for me as opposed to buying a blimp.

So I'm going to get the D4....

or

Buy D800

Buy a blimp for D700/800

Buy SB910

Buy 24mm f/ 1.4

WWYD?

-- hide signature --

Nikon D700, D300, D80, D40 Nikon N70 Kodak z712 IS Canon sd1000 www.craig-mac.com

Nikon D4 Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow