OM-D - to sell or not to sell?

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rens
Senior MemberPosts: 1,355Gear list
Like?
Re: OM-D - to sell or not to sell?
In reply to BorisGil, Jan 30, 2013

Like others here, I sympathise with your situation.

It's all down to personal preference; I compared the OMD with a Sony NEX in the shop and thought I missed the hand grip, but in practice the bit to push my thumb against seems to have made me completely comforatable with the camera. It feels perfect now.

But if you're not comfortable with holding it, I think you might be best cutting your losses and selling. I bought a Panny GH1 and never loved it; I intended to sell it but my son cadged it off me first (and he's very happy with it).

As for lenses, I have the 12-50 kit zoom, which is much maligned but while not razor sharp is still good, and has a decent range. And with this lens fitted, the camera fits in a Barbour pocket.

However, I recently compared it with the Panasonic 14-45 from my wife's Panny G1 (a few years old by now) which was appreciably sharper. I don't know if you can buy this lens new or have to buy used, but if it had gone to 12 mm instead of 14 mm, I'd have bought one immediately.

But as previously stated, if you don't love holding the OMD or using it, I wouldn't spend more money on it.

Good luck,

-- hide signature --

Rens
There are optimists and there are realists

Rens's gear list:Rens's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
RxNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow