Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Austin101
Senior MemberPosts: 1,410
Like?
Re: x100 now or x100S on Feb 18th?
In reply to sgoldswo, Jan 30, 2013

sgoldswo wrote:

Austin101 wrote:

I sold my X100 a few months ago as I'd heard about the new X100s and figured I'd sell now before the rush, I've bought and sold the X100 3 times since its release, it's not a perfect camera and for shooting street I've always gotten better results if I take manual meter readings.

at this moment I'm using an NEX-6 with a CV 21mm lens for shooting street and it works well but I do miss having the X100 for it's compact size and I'm really thinking about dropping my pre-order for the X100s and getting another X100 now and buying a Zeiss/Sony 24mm with the money I'll save

Given the shortages of the Zeiss 24mm I'm not sure you would make any savings...

funny enough the camera shop I buy my gear from has the Zeiss 24mm in stock for £729 but they've sold out of the X100.

With the same metering system and the same lens it's only the sensor and AF speed that have been updated and there's no saying yet that these will be any better.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow