Disappointing "new" Sigma lens lineup announcement

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
martindesu
Contributing MemberPosts: 921Gear list
Like?
Re: In defense of Sigma, Inc....."DN" lens for NEX is about spreading R&D Cost for Merril
In reply to 007peter, Jan 30, 2013

007peter wrote:

You really shouldn't have gotten your hope up anyways, so get disappointed buddy. Its an open secret that Sigma's DN lens are completely based on its own MERRILL camera:

• Merrill DP1 comes with a FIXED 19mm f/2.8, thus give rise to DN 19mm f/2.8 lens
  • Merrill DP2 comes with a FIXED 30mm f/2.8, thus give rise to DN 30mm f/2.8 lens
2 weeks ago, Sigma release
  • Merrill DP3 comes with a FIXED 50mm f/2.8

The only surprise is that we got a 60mm f/2.8 instead of a 50mm f/2.8. Which is GOOD, since 50mm is far too close to 30mm f/2.8 DN in Field of View. A slightly longer 60mm create a bigger separation.

I love SIGMA and my lovely & sharp 19mm and Sigma 30mm DN. But Sigma isn't serious about making lens for either M43 or NEX. For sigma, DN lens is about spreading the R&D Cost of creating its own Merrill lines of camera.

Quoted as I was about to write exactly the same thing. I think this is exactly the reasoning.

martindesu's gear list:martindesu's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony Alpha NEX-C3 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 Nokton +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow