Eagle BIFs and URGENT AF-S question to birders/tele shooters/trouble shooters!

Started Jan 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
windsprite
Senior MemberPosts: 1,933Gear list
Like?
Re: Equipment problems before a trip suck...
In reply to mikew, Jan 30, 2013

mikew wrote:

Because the trip is approaching so soon, I am going to suggest renting a similar lens for this outing.
The 300 f4 shouldn't be prohibitive in cost to rent for a few days. I have many lenses from 16 to 600mm. But I find I still need to fill in a void at times due to something being out of whack. I have had very good luck getting fine equipment that has usually been tested ( i.e., rented ) on lots of different cameras. So your chances of getting a good one, in my experience, are good.

I have no idea what might be wrong with the camera.

Best of luck to you.

Mike

That's something I hadn't thought of, to be honest.  I'm a little reluctant to try it, because at this point I wouldn't have time to test the rental lens, and Nikon is going to lend me one for free anyway.  Plus I'm not sure it's a lens problem to begin with.  But it's a good suggestion, and I'll look into it as another option.  Thanks for the advice, Mike!

Julie

windsprite's gear list:windsprite's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F100fd Fujifilm FinePix F550 EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Nikon D2H Nikon D300 +36 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow