A snapshot with my NEX 7 and the SEL 35 turned ultimately to this

Started Jan 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
DuncanDovovan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,277
Like?
Re: A snapshot with my NEX 7 and the SEL 35 turned ultimately to this
In reply to Old Pirate, Jan 30, 2013

And that they are pleased is the most important thing.

I think the subject is lovely, but personally I think the background was erased in a horrible way. Especially to the left and right where the hair has become fuzzy and brushed away. The top is ok.

Having said that, sometimes that is the only way to rescue a picture with a horrible background. It might just be an improvement compared to the original.

Of course I understand the shot was not made with this result in your mind, but if you want another go at it, try to make the picture with a background that has no details. Then it becomes much easier to brush the background away while using an "edge detection" setting on your brush.

Hair is terrible to brush around. The best tools in my view has Photoshop.

-- hide signature --

I'm a peaceful person looking for clarity and harmony and willing to help. If you believe my post had the intention to harm you in some way, you are probably wrong. =;-) Please verify first before assuming something bad happened to you. I can be a bit too brief at times. =;-)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow